Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Rubs are spice mixes that you can apply to raw food before cooking and there are scores of commercial blends on the market.
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, powder
- Makes about 3 cups. I typically use about 1-11/2 tablespoon per side of a slab of St. Louis cut ribs, and a bit less for baby backs. Store the extra in a zipper bag or a glass jar with a tight lid.
- Preparation time. 10 minutes to find everything and 5 minutes to dump them together.