Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the standard rub used in a restaurant located in Buffalo Gap, Texas. Makes ½ cup. Will cover 4-10 steaks, depending on size and flavor preference.
- 4 beef t-bone steaks (or up to 10 depending on size and how you like yours seasoned)
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml beef bouillon granules
- 14.79 ml cornstarch or 14.79 ml flour
- 19.71 ml garlic powder
- 19.71 ml kosher salt
- 19.71 ml cracked black pepper
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- Blend all dry ingredients together and rub into both sides of at least 4 t-bone steaks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in large skillet at fairly high heat.
- Cook steaks for 5 minutes; turn, drop heat to medium and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of your steaks.
I used 1 clove of fresh garlic as I had no dried stuff. Still turned out a really great taste on our steaks. Will make again.
My husband's exact word: SUPERB! He all but licked his plate.
very good, even my 6-and 3-year olds loved it! Thank you!