Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
This is the standard rub used in a restaurant located in Buffalo Gap, Texas. Makes ½ cup. Will cover 4-10 steaks, depending on size and flavor preference.
- 4 beef t-bone steaks (or up to 10 depending on size and how you like yours seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all dry ingredients together and rub into both sides of at least 4 t-bone steaks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in large skillet at fairly high heat.
- Cook steaks for 5 minutes; turn, drop heat to medium and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of your steaks.