Recipe by calamari
My mother's award-winning chili recipe. Yes, this recipe actually won her a new refrigerator. While I can't guarantee this chili will win you fame and fortune, it should earn you complements and gratitude. This recipe makes a large pot of chili that keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats in the microwave.
- 2 -3 lbs ground beef
- 1 minced onion
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package2-alarm chili kit chili seasoning mix
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagelawry's chili seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (30 1/2 ounce) canmild chili beans
- 1 (30 1/2 ounce) can hot chili beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans water
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- In a 6-8 quart pot, combine beef and minced onions, cooking until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients except spaghetti and cheese.
- Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Break spaghetti strands into thirds and mix into chili. Simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve, topping each bowl with cheddar cheese.