Recipe by chia
using light mediterranean ingredients, for rsc.
Top Review by Zurie
After having this in my cookbook since 2005, I made it last night. It's summer here, and so hot. Used the small plum tomatoes (grape tomatoes to you??) which are sooo sweet. The flavours were great. It also happens to be pepper time now, and the lovely veggies are available in abundance. Loved the idea of lemon zest and capers. (Terrible confession: I left out the tuna, because I made a fairly similar recipe WITH tuna for guests some days ago). We had, of course, a cold sauvignon blanc wine with it, oven-roasted chicken pieces (separately), as well as a French-type bread. A GREAT salad.It's hot now, and this was a lovely warm-evening-meal. Thanks Chia!!
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 6 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted, sliced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chiffonade
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- cook orzo according to package directions.
- rinse under cold water and drain well, put into a large bowl.
- whisk lemon juice, oregano, mustard, and lemon zest in a small bowl. whisk in olive oil.
- add half of this mixture to the orzo.
- to the orzo add peppers, scallions, olives, capers, feta cheese, tuna, and toss well. stir in tomatoes and basil, season with salt and pepper, add additional dressing to taste.