Recipe by Redsie
Adapted from a recipe of Rachel Ray. I added an egg and some breacrumbs to bind the burgers a bit more. Can be served in English muffins. Delicious! I did them on the inside grill.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 mcintosh apple, cored, quartered and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the apple, onion and celery; season with the poultry seasoning and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool 5 minutes. Wipe the skillet clean and return it to the stove.
- Add the turkey, egg, breadcrumbs and parsley to the apple mixture, season with salt and pepper and combine with a fork; form into four 4-inch patties. In the skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the patties for about 6 minutes on each side, lowering the heat for the last 2-3 minutes.
- While the burgers cook, mix the cranberry sauce, orange zest and scallions.
- Serve the burgers with the cranberry relish.