Recipe by Rancid Rick
Great traditional chili that can have as much heat as your heart burn desires!!!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, in sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans with molasses
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄2 cup horseradish mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -4 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put olive oil in large frying pan with ground beef,onion and minced garlic. Cover and thoroughly cook on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Every now and then take off the cover and get a wiff of that great, meat cooking smell!
- In a separate large pot put all the remainig ingredients and stir together on low heat. Combine the meat-onion-garlic mixture with the rest in the large pot and cook on low heat for 1 hour - stirring occaissionally. Let chili cool for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with oyster crackers and your favorite beverage.