Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this copycat recipe on the web and thought I'd share it.
Make and share this Rozanek's Bakery St. Louis Gooey Butter Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Pat into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan.
- For filling, in the mixing bowl, beat the 1 1/4 cups sugar and 3/4 cup butter or margarine until combined.
- Beat in the corn syrup and egg until just combined.
- Add the 1 cup flour and evaporated milk alternately to the mixing bowl, beating until just combined (batter will appear slightly curdled). Pour into crust-lined baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes or until cake is nearly firm when you shake it. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Remove to serving plate. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.