Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Traditional (NAME) Rice Pudding - I like to put a nice raisin medly in mine.
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar (adjust to desired sweetness)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, and or 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, according to taste
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional) or 1 teaspoon orange blossom water (optional)
- Rinse rice and place in a saucepan with water.
- Cover and simmer over medium fire for 15-20 minutes.
- Add milk, stirring constantly.
- When it begins to thick, add sugar and orange blossom water.
- Continue stirring constantly until rice is soft or well done.
- Remove from fire and pour into platter spreading it thinly or in individual bowls.
- Cool and serveor cool and serve.
Wonderful!! I made just as directed using both cinnamon and nutmeg. I added the raisins shortly after adding the milk so that they would plump up. This smelled so good while cooking and came out sweet, creamy, spicy and delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe!
I love this! It whips up so fast and easily, I used brown rice (cooked longer), lowfat milk, and 2 teaspoons of rosewater and a little cardamom. I sweetened it with 1/4 cup Sun Crystals to fit my dietary constraints. It would be awesome with some chopped pistachios on top/mixed in. This will be my standby for rice pudding from now on! I can't believe I had it in my cookbook for so long without trying it.
Easy, quick and delicious recipe. Thanks Jamilah for posting your no fail recipe.