Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Roz bel laban, or rice pudding, is a very popular dessert in the Middle East. It is commonly served cold, but some people prefer it warm.
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- 1⁄2 cup dates, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 3⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- In a large saucepan cook rice in water for 15 minutes.
- Add milk, and stir until the mixture becomes thick.
- Add orange blossom water and sugar. Continue stirring until rice is well cooked.
- Stir in the diced dates, do not allow to dissolve.
- Place in individual serving bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon or cardamom. You may also choose to place pudding in large serving dish and sprinkle with cinnamon or cardamom.
- Serve when cooled or chill in refrigerator.
Delicious! I'm a major rice pudding fan. And this is just what I was looking for! I had some basmati cooked so I added a bit of water & the milk to that & carried on. It really hit the spot! Of course I did go a little heavy on orange flower water & cardamom. ;) Made for ~ crosstag! ~ Couscous & Rice Tag & NA/ME Tag in the NA/ME Forum.