Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my husband's favorite rice dish! Pairs perfectly with chile-lime marinated chicken breasts (Dan's Chile Lime Marinade for Chicken), or salmon hot off the grill. Recipe is from the back of the Mahatma Jasmine Rice bag. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup mahatma jasmine rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped (or green Anaheim)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- In a medium saucepan, combine Mahatma Jasmine Rice, chicken broth, green onions, chiles, cilantro, margarine, ginger root and turmeric.
- Bring to a gentle boil. Cover. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 15 minutes. Fold in lime juice and peanuts. Serve immediately.
I have made this numerous times omitting the tumeric
I got down the jasmine rice and looked down and saw the recipe and decided to give it a try. I omitted the butter and peanuts. In place of the tumeric, I used a pinch of saffron. This is a very colorful dish and went well with the stir-fry.