- 1 cup mahatma jasmine rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 fresh red chilies, seeded and chopped (or green Anaheim)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine Mahatma Jasmine Rice, chicken broth, green onions, chiles, cilantro, margarine, ginger root and turmeric.
- Bring to a gentle boil. Cover. Reduce heat to simmer. Simmer 15 minutes. Fold in lime juice and peanuts. Serve immediately.