Recipe by Wildflour
I made one of these for my DH and he exclaimed, "A Royal Red Robin!!!" The Red Robin restaurants serve these apparently! I'd never heard of them, just remembered my Grandpa loving them made like this! They have a fried egg on them! DH was in heaven!! Don't be scared, give it a try! :)
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was a very good burger and the addition of the egg was very nice. I did have a problem with the egg sliding around. I fried the egg in pam, breaking the yellow right at the first so that it covered most of the white. Really good and thanks.
- 680.38 g lean hamburger
- seasoning salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 slice American cheese
- 4 eggs, fried over-medium
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 4 slice tomatoes
- 4 toasted buns or 4 toast
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon til done, set aside, break in half when cool.
- Make 4 nice patties out of the beef, season w/salt and pepper and grill or pan-fry til done in a little of the bacon fat.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese, lightly cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- Fry eggs to your liking such as sunny-side up, over-easy or over-medium. DH says if the yolks are runny they're messy but great for dipping in!
- Toast buns while eggs are cooking.
- Set eggs aside.
- Assemble burger as so:.
- bottom bun.
- 1 slice cheese
- burger w/cheese.
- fried egg.
- a little ketchup.
- 2 bacon pieces.
- top bun spread w/mayo.
- And there you have it! A Royal Red Robin!
- Great served with hash browns or french fries!