I made one of these for my DH and he exclaimed, "A Royal Red Robin!!!" The Red Robin restaurants serve these apparently! I'd never heard of them, just remembered my Grandpa loving them made like this! They have a fried egg on them! DH was in heaven!! Don't be scared, give it a try! :)
- Cook bacon til done, set aside, break in half when cool.
- Make 4 nice patties out of the beef, season w/salt and pepper and grill or pan-fry til done in a little of the bacon fat.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese, lightly cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- Fry eggs to your liking such as sunny-side up, over-easy or over-medium. DH says if the yolks are runny they're messy but great for dipping in!
- Toast buns while eggs are cooking.
- Set eggs aside.
- Assemble burger as so:.
- bottom bun.
- 1 slice cheese
- burger w/cheese.
- fried egg.
- a little ketchup.
- 2 bacon pieces.
- top bun spread w/mayo.
- And there you have it! A Royal Red Robin!
- Great served with hash browns or french fries!