Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living. Allow time to chill.
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves in natural juice, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir cold water, lemon juice, and cranberry sauce.
- Chill mixture until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in chopped pears and pecans; transfer mixture to a 7-cup mold.
- Chill until firm.
Very easy and quite good. I always make a gelatin salad for the kids on holidays. Since they don't eat nuts, I omitted the pecans although I think they would have been delicious. Would suggest cutting the pears in smaller rather than larger pieces. This looks lovely in a ring mold, and would be stunning when creatively garnished. Thanks, NurseDi, for sharing!