Recipe by Galley Wench
This is an easy salad to make and very flavorful. Perfect way to use leftover chicken or pork.
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut this in half and followed the instructions except for putting a little sugar in the dressing and adding some red onions in the salad...definately a keeper. I loved it and DH liked it and said to make it again! Made for Bargain Basement Special Event 2011 tag game.
- 1 lb soba noodles, cooked al dente (or spaghetti)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, julienned at an angle
- 1 cup water chestnut, sliced in bit size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups bay shrimp, fullled cooked
- 1⁄2 lb stir-fried pork or 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken, fully cooked, diced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon garlic and red chile paste (available in oriental section of most supermarkets, adjust to taste )
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in jar and shake.
- In large bowl, combine noodles, bell pepper, green onions, snow peas, water chestnuts, shrimp and pork or chicken.
- Add dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top before serving.