Recipe by ajb524
I found this recipe on another website. I just tried it on my christmas sugar cookies and really liked it so I wanted to share. Make sure you give the icing plenty of time to harden on your cookies (approx. 2 hours).
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine powdered sugar and meringue powder in a large bowl.
- Add water and your choice of extract and beat until desired consistency.
- Add your choice of food coloring and sprinkles if desired.
- The icing needs to be used immediately or transferred to an airtight container or it will harden.