Recipe by **Jubes**
A royal icing without raw egg white added. Dries hard- excellent for decorating cookies
Top Review by Diana #2
This was so easy to make, and I loved the flavour from the lemon juice. I didn't need the entire amount, so tried to cut it in half. Well.....I probably ended up with the whole recipe anyway, simply because I'm a little too heavy handed. First it was too thin....then it was too thick...then it was too thin again....you get the idea, :)but that's entirely my fault. lol I don't have issues with using raw egg whites except what to do with the naked yoke.:) I'll be using this from now on. Thanks Jubes, and have a wonderful Christmas.
- 500 g icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredietns in a bowl and stir. Leave sit for one minute.
- Whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Add food colour, one drop at atime until the desired colour is achieved.
- You can divide the mixture and add different colours if desired.
- If the icing is too thick to decorate, add a little more water -only as required.