Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe yoinked from epicurious. For use in my foray into roll out cookie baking/decorating.
- 3 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon strained fresh lemon juice
- assorted food coloring (optional)
- Using electric mixer, beat 3 1/4 cups powdered sugar and egg whites until thick and shiny, adding more powdered sugar by tablespoonfuls if mixture is too thin to spread.
- Add lemon juice.
- Divide icing into portions, if desired, and add different food coloring to each. Cover until ready to use.