Recipe by CobaltBlueMixer
Royal Icing - Makes about 2 1/2 cups. Note: Raw eggs should not be used in food prepared for pregnant women, young children, or anyone whose health is compromised.
- 2 large egg whites, to thin (or more)
- 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (or more)
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the whites until stiff but not dry. Add sugar and lemon juice; beat for 1 minute more.
- If icing is too thick, add more egg whites; if it is too thin, add more sugar.
- The icing may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.