Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the Mai Tai made at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel in Honolulu. Cheers!
Make and share this Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons orange Curacao
- 3 tablespoons orgeat syrup or 3 tablespoons almond syrup
- ice cube
- 4 slices pineapple, cut into wedges (optional)
- 4 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Mix first 6 ingredients in pitcher.
- Fill 4 small glasses with ice.
- Pour rum mixture over; stir to blend.
- Garnish with pineapple and mint, if desired.
- Makes 4 servings.
DO NOT just READ this recipe! MAKE it and REVIEW it! The world needs to know about this! I think it could go a long way towards promoting world peace!
Have to agree with the first reviewer - this drinks recipe is first-class. Made it to sip with company while watching the Eurovision song contest, and I just say this helped in making an unforgettable evening. Absolultely delicious. Summery and tropical. A definite keeper.
Now that is what I call a drink! Hold onto your hats, this ones strong BUT delicious!! Wonderful drink Bev! Thanks for posting!!