Recipe by Stacey Sweet
A dear friend brought back this recipe from her honeymoon in Hawaii. It is a delicious tea that is a thirst quencher.
Top Review by bullwinkle
I don't drink sweet tea very often so this recipe was okay for me but the rest of my family added more sugar because they thought it was a little tart. Thanks Stacey Sweet. Bullwinkle.
- 2 quarts cold water
- 15 orange pekoe tea bags
- fresh mint sprig
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- pineapple, spears (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan bring 1 quart of cold water to a full rolling boil. Remove from heat; pour over tea. Stir and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir and strain liquid into a pitcher containing 4 mint springs, sugar and 1 quart cold water. Stir to dissolve sugar. Cool mixture.
- Remove mint before chilling for several hours or overnight. Stir in Pineapple juice.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses. Garnish each glass with a pineapple wedge.