Recipe by AllergyGirl
This spring I was looking for recipes to use the abundant asparagus we had from our garden and stumbled across this one. It's one of my favorites, and I make it all the time. It's really easy, and very yummy. A great spring lunch item, potluck item or party food (think baby shower or bridal shower). If you have picky eaters, leave out the chili pepper flakes. If you're not sensitive to goat cheese, I sometimes add some of that as well.
- 1 lb fusilli (gluten-free)
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces and half the cherry tomatoes.
- Put water on to boil for pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, according to the instructions on the package, heat olive oil and garlic in large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Bring heat up to medium-high and add asparagus, cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peas, chili pepper and sale. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil.
- Pour the pasta and the sauce from the sauté pan into a large bowl and toss gently. Add a few grindings of fresh pepper.