Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
So creamy and easy! Made in the blender! Comes from Tampa's Helen Benito "queen of flan". Make sure you low heat to cramalize, VERY important.
- 1 cup sugar, for caramelizing
- 6 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- water (to fill condensed milk can)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Heat sugar on low until caramelized; pour into a flan mold or a deep pyrex dish.
- Let harden.
- I like mine a deep brown, but don't let burn.
- Don't let it be too light.
- Put eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk and water into a blender; blend until smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and blend in with a spoon.
- Pour into mold.
- Make a hot water bath by placing the mold in a larger pan with about 2 inches of water.
- Bake at 250 degrees about 1 1/2 hours until the sides are solid.
- The middle of the flan should be firm but creamy.
- Remove flan from the oven and let cool.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or more.