Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A sandwiched biscuit/cookie recipe originally from South Africa. Depending on how you shape it, it's as good for weddings as it is as an everyday cookie recipe... and relatively easy to make. NOTE: Please don't follow the cooking/prep time and serving, I just guessed on that, sorry :(
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla essence to creamed mixture, beat a little longer (2 minutes or so).
- Sift dry ingredients, add to mix and make dough.
- Roll and cut small identical sized biscuits, or roll small even-size balls and flatten slightly with hand or use a biscuit-press (which is what I use for these).
- Bake at 170°C or 325°F until slightly golden at edges - or lift up the biscuit, if it is light brown under it's done.
- Cool on rack.
- Once cold sandwich together with 'Icing' and sprinkle with castor sugar.
- Icing: Cream together with mixer.
- Note: Castor sugar is finer than granulated sugar (in the US look for superfine sugar).