Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. "These have always been a childhood favorite of mine growing up in the 70's and they still are today." - Nannette Lorenz (contributor). Posting for safe keeping.
- 591.47 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 473.18 ml flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in the oats and flaked coconut.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 12 to 15 minutes.