Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Chinese Cuisine by Huang Su-Huei. Another delicious-looking dish!
Make and share this Royal Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 3 chicken legs (about 1 and 1/3 lbs)
- 1⁄2 brown onion
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine or 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Wash the chicken legs and cut them into pieces.
- Cut the brown onion into bite-size pieces.
- Heat the wok then add 3 T oil.
- Stir-fry the brown onion until fragrant.
- Add the pieces of chicken and stir to mix.
- Add the carrots, the ketchup, the salt, the sugar and the 1/2 c water and bring them to a boil.
- Turn the heat to low and cover.
- Cook 20 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Add cornstarch and 1 T water to thicken, stir.
- Transfer to aserving plate and serve.
- Noter from the book:.
- When cooking the chicken, stir occasionally to prevent it from burning. If the liquid in the chicken mixture has not reduced to 1/2 c after 20 minutes of cooking, turn the heat to high; stir and cook until the liquid is reduced to 1/2 c.