Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These delicious treats are by Hoorbani Iqbal from the Thursday magazine. Enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semolina
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- oil, to fry
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Beat eggs, one at a time, in a bowl, until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and cream well.
- Mix in the salt and semolina.
- Continue to whisk it well.
- Add the cardamom powder and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for 1-2 hours.
- Make sure that you beat this mixture every 15 minutes.
- Once the 2 hours have passed, heat enough oil in a wok to fry these wonderful treats.
- Drop a round spoonful of the mixture into the oil.
- Flatten slightly.
- Cook on low flame until golden.
- Carefully, flip these over and cook on the other side.
- Drain on clean paper towels.
- Serve with tea or coffee.