Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Went with my friend to Ross-on-Wye, about ten miles from the Welsh border. Got this scrumptious recipe from her sister. It is really lovely It is pound cake liberally laced with sherry, then topped with fruit gelatin custard sauce.
- Cut pound cake into 1/2 inch thick slices;.
- halve each slice, lengthwise;.
- place on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle cake slices with sherry.
- allow to stand 10 minutes, or until wine is absorbed.
- line the side of an 8-cup glass serving bowl with cake.
- arrange remaining cake in bottom of bowl.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl.
- stir in ice cubes until melted.
- chill until gelatin is syrupy.
- fold in fruit cocktail and lemon juice.
- chill about two hours.
- Prepare custard mix with milk, following label directions.
- pour into a medium sixed bowl,cover with plastic wrap.
- chill at leasr one hour,.
- Beat cream with sugar in a small bowl til stiff.
- fold half the cream into the chilled custard and pour over firm gelatin in bowl.
- just before serving, garnish trifle with remaining whipped cream and strips of angelica and candied cherries Cook time is chill time.