Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This crab dish is well worth the effort!
- 2 dungeness crabs, cleaned
- 2 onions, one whole and one minced
- 1 carrot
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- salt, pepper to tast
- 2 tablespoons old cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare crabs, clean them and put them in a large pot.
- Place one whole onion and 1 carrot into a pot of salted water (sprinkle of salt only!) Boil for 20 minutes.
- Shells will change colour when done.
- Remove from pot and cool.
- Remove meat from shells.
- In a large frying pan, saute mushrooms and onions until onions are tender.
- Add crabmeat, Worcerstershire sauce, and toss until well blended.
- In a bowl, mix flour and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Add to crab mixture and stir constantly for about 5 min over medium heat until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fill 2 shells with crab mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts (about 4 minutes).