Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A celebrity recipe, that has a distinctive flavor to it. Before I made for the first time I had my doubts, but it won me over after tasting it.
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup onion, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 cups baked beans
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- 1⁄4 cup horseradish
- 3⁄4 cup cheese, grated
- bell pepper rings
- Mix ketchup, mustard,honey, horseradish and worcestershire sauce together.
- Saute onions and peppers.
- Place baked beans in baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup of mixture evenly over beans.
- Spread vegetables over beans.
- Place wieners over beans.
- Pour sauerkraut over wieners.
- Put remaining sauce over wieners.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Add cheese and pepper rings.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.
This recipe had all the ingredients we like, so it sounded like a good idea to put them all together. But it just didn't work -- it was much too sweet even for me, and the hot dogs were lukewarm. But I'm always looking for a weiners and beans casserole, so will keep looking. :)
I made this the other night and we all liked it alot. I used bratwurst instead of hot dogs but otherwise followed directions. DH liked it so much that he ate 4 brats!!! Thank you so much for posting.