Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are super good and a snap to make. Makes about 24
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup margarine or 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup of coarsely chopped nuts (completely optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (or as much as you want)
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix both sugars, margarine and egg together. Stir in flour, baking soada and salt(dough should become stiff); stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until light brown (10-12 minutes) and let cookies cool slightly before removing.
- Enjoy (they are best with a glass of milk).