Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this recipe, but it sounds so interesting that I had to post it. This recipe is from my Remarkable Red Raspberry cookbook. Prep time does not include rising time for rolls.
- 16 ounces box. hot roll mix
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, well-drained (reserve juice- see below)
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup reserved raspberry juice
- 1⁄3 cup red cinnamon candies (red hots)
- 1⁄4 cup water (with 1 tsp. cornstarch)
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, ground (or walnuts)
- Prepare hot roll mix according to directions on box. Let rise until double (about 60 minutes). On floured board, roll out to rectangle - 12 x 18 inches. Combine raspberries and marmalade and spread to within 1/2 inch from edges. Roll up from long side and slice into 12 slices. Place slices in 12 greased muffin cups to which you have added ground pecans or walnuts and topping. Let rise about 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
- To make topping - combine juice and red hots and cook until candy is melted. Add cornstarch mixture and cook until slightly thickened. Add evenly between the 12 muffin cups - nuts first.