A hearty, satisfying meal you can serve up quickly after a hard day at work. Your house will smell heavenly and your belly will be happy. Note: Be sure to have all the ingredients prepped and ready. Chop the meat and veggies, measure out the liquids and spices. Once cooking begins it goes FAST!
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 lb lean beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (I used 1/2 tsp. beef bouillon granules in 1/2 c. boiling water)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut in sixteen pieces each
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut in half
- 2 large carrots, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut in 16 pieces each
- 1 tablespoon chopped lovage, leaves (I used lovage) or 1 tablespoon parsley (I used lovage)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Requires a 6 quart pressure cooker. Pour oil into cooker. Brown beef over medium heat.
- Add next 7 ingredients. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir things up and cover with lid. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 5 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once under cold water.
- Add the next 5 ingredients, stir well, and cook 3 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once.
- Mix the flour and water. Add the paste to the stew and stir over medium heat to thicken.