Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
In "Mrs. Rowe's Restaurant Cookbook'
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add the milk and eggs and mix with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended and smooth.
- Mix in the oil (batter can be kept in a tightly covered container and kept for up to 1 week).
- Heat a greased griddle over med-high heat.
- Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, spoon the batter onto the griddle.
- Cook the pancakes on the first side until bubbles form in the center and they are browned on the bottom.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- Serve hot with warm maple syrup.