Moist and Delicate, & Better than "The Better than Sex Cake"
Make and share this Rowan & Martins Laugh in " Sock It to Me " Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxinstant jello vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat Sugar and Cream Cheese with a mixer until smooth.
- Add Eggs one at a time, then Sour Cream, Vanilla, Oil, Crushed Pineapples, Instant Vanilla Pudding, Cake mix & Pecans.
- Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Pour into a Bundt Pan that has been sprayed with a Nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with a sifting of Powdered Sugar or make a Glaze and sprinkle with crushed Pecans as a perfect finish for this Cake!
- This cake can also be baked in two 9-inch round cake pans and icing with one 12-ounce
- container of Cool Whip, mixed with one 3-ounce box of instant Pineapple Cream or French Vanilla Pudding mix and one cup of crushed pineapples.
- Note: This two layer cake has to be refrigerated because of the icing.
Wow! So moist and delicious. I didn't change a thing, it baked up beautifully in a bundt pan, and I made the frosting only because I love cool whip... but the cake is stand-alone moist! Thanks!
This was a very moist refrigerator cake.Baked in a 9x13 pan. I omitted (my mistake)the pineapple in the cool whip/vanilla pudding frosting. Next time I will add the pineapple to it,needed more pineapple flavor.