Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I modified an existing recipe to make a sauce for meatballs I got at Ikea. it was even good enough that my daughter, who almost hates "gravy", like it enough to NOT complain! This amount of sauce was enough to serve with about 45 swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter or bacon grease in a large saucepan.
- Take off the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir into the pan 2 tbsp of flour and mix it to a smooth paste with the fat.
- Return the pan to a low heat and cook this roux slowly for a minute of so, stirring all the while.
- Then pour in, all at once, the cup of stock. Raise the heat to moderate and, with a wooden spoon, beat this sauce together until it boils, thickens and becomes quite smooth.
- Then turn the heat down to the barest simmer. Still using the sppon, stir the sour cream into the sauce, about a tablespoons at a time. Use more than ½ cup if you like the sauce fairly thin.
- At the last, add the dill, Worchestershire sauce and cayenne. Stir until well blended. Enjoy.
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/swedish-meatballs-in-sour-cream-sauce-61247#ixzz1L9rh5oSf.