I modified an existing recipe to make a sauce for meatballs I got at Ikea. it was even good enough that my daughter, who almost hates "gravy", like it enough to NOT complain! This amount of sauce was enough to serve with about 45 swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 3 tablespoons butter or bacon grease in a large saucepan.
- 2Take off the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir into the pan 2 tbsp of flour and mix it to a smooth paste with the fat.
- 3Return the pan to a low heat and cook this roux slowly for a minute of so, stirring all the while.
- 4Then pour in, all at once, the cup of stock. Raise the heat to moderate and, with a wooden spoon, beat this sauce together until it boils, thickens and becomes quite smooth.
- 5Then turn the heat down to the barest simmer. Still using the sppon, stir the sour cream into the sauce, about a tablespoons at a time. Use more than ½ cup if you like the sauce fairly thin.
- 6At the last, add the dill, Worchestershire sauce and cayenne. Stir until well blended. Enjoy.
- 7Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/swedish-meatballs-in-sour-cream-sauce-61247#ixzz1L9rh5oSf.
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roux-Based Sauce for Meatballs or Beef Tips
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 830.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 2.1 g