Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. A savory, delicious bite of shrimp, corn, carrots and chives in a muffin topped with your favorite BBQ sauce and grated parmesan cheese. a take-it-along with you meal!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ounce) Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup thawed frozen corn or 1 cup drained canned corn
- 1 cup cooked finely diced baby carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cleaned bay shrimp (canned ok)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2⁄3 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- Mix together the flour, seasoning mix, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk and melted butter. Stir in the corn, carrots, shrimp and chives.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and quickly add the moist ingredients, stirring briefly. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling them 2/3 full. Top each with 2 teaspoons BBQ sauce and 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese.
- Heat oven to 400° F, and place shelf in center of the oven.
- Bake until golden, cooked through (a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean), 15-20 minutes. Cool in the pans 5 minutes, then on a wire rack.
- Note: if any muffin tins are unfilled, fill them with water before baking the others.