Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I reduced this recipe to 3 pounds of beef and gave it to my DS for a take-home meal, this was good but even after reducing the recipe it needed to be adjusted, I added in fresh garlic, green bell pepper and jalapeno peppers, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten :)
- 10 lbs beef round steak, Cut Into Strips
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- oil (To Brown Meat)
- 5 cups water
- 3 cups catsup
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, Firmly Packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5 medium onions, Chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge strips of beef in flour, salt & pepper, brown in oil.
- Combine water, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, worcestershire, and onion.
- Stir well, heat and pour over beef.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook covered until beef is tender - about 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.