Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a different version of the basic steak and gravy, good flavor.
- 453.59 g round steak, cut into 8 pieces
- 14.79 ml oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml water
- Brown steak in oil in dutch oven.
- Mix water, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Pour over steak; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Mix flour and water; stir into steak.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Made this for dinner earlier this week; had some top round steak in the fridge I needed to use, and this recipe sounded easy enough. It was definitely easy, and had really good flavor. I served it over rice. I think there was a bit too much cumin for my taste, but my husband thought it was great, and my daughter ate up her rice with gravy. This will be one we'll make again.
This was very good! Everyone loved it! I added 1/2 cup of sour cream, just because I love sour cream and put it in anything I can get away with. This one's definitely a keeper! Thanks again!
Absolutely delicious. Even my kids cleaned their plates and wanted seconds.