Recipe by MizzNezz
This is a different version of the basic steak and gravy, good flavor.
Top Review by loriyeargan
Made this for dinner earlier this week; had some top round steak in the fridge I needed to use, and this recipe sounded easy enough. It was definitely easy, and had really good flavor. I served it over rice. I think there was a bit too much cumin for my taste, but my husband thought it was great, and my daughter ate up her rice with gravy. This will be one we'll make again.
- 453.59 g round steak, cut into 8 pieces
- 14.79 ml oil
- 473.18 ml water
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown steak in oil in dutch oven.
- Mix water, tomato sauce and seasonings.
- Pour over steak; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Mix flour and water; stir into steak.
- Bring to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.