Recipe by Quiet Man
This was a "feel-good" recipe that was handed down through the years at the local firehouse
Top Review by Midwest Mama
This was a really good recipe, making round steak melt in your mouth. I didn't happen to have a can of cream of celery in the house, so I had to use Fat Free Cream of Chicken instead (it was the only cream soup I had in the house). For the Dried Oregano, I picked some fresh from the garden, microwaved it to dry it out, then added it to the mixture. After reading some of the other reviews, I decided to add a little salt to it, but added 1/4 tsp. of garlic salt. Overall, loved it and will try it with the cream of celery next time. Served it over wildgrain and brown rice.
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut 3/4 " thick
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut steak into serving size portions.
- Place onion in a 3 1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker.
- Place meat on top of onion.
- In a small bowl combine soup, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.