Recipe by virgb
This is a main dish recipe. Easy to make. I got it from my sister in law. It is important to brown the round steak, so you get a brown gravy quickly. I get my roundsteak tenderized 2X when I buy it-it always comes out tender! This is probably the most important step for me-I hate tough roundsteak!! If you make mashed potatoes, I reccomend starting these first! I really like this recipe because it is quick to prepare and comes out tender. I really like meat and mashed potatoes-but if the meat is tough, I'm disappointed.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans fat free cream of celery soup
- 5 1⁄4 ounces 1% low-fat milk
- lemon pepper seasoning (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fat from 1 1/2 pounds od roundsteak and cut into smaller pieces. About 2 pieces makes a decent serving size.
- Add lemon & pepper to cut up meat
- Brown the meat-important to get a brown gravy quickly.
- Remove roundsteak, add 2 cans of soup and milk. Stir until the gravy is browned.
- Add the roundsteak back into pan.
- Cook on low heat until cooked through. Your gravy will brown more during cooking.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice & a veggie.