Prep 6 hrs
Cook 12 mins
From the Giant Octoberfest suggestions back in 1999. The red pepper flakes give it a bit of a kick.
- 12 ounces beer
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick
- Note: you can use sugar in place of honey. The beer can be flat or fresh.
- Combine the beer, onion, pepper, soy sauce, honey, garlic and red pepper in a dish.
- Place the steak in and turn to marinate. Cover and marinate overnight or six hours at least.
- Drain and save the marinade. Boil the marinade for 2 to 3 minutes before spooning over the meat after grilling. DO NOT USE unless you boil it.
- Grill the meat for about 12 mins over charcoal or until done to your taste. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Delicious! I would have given this a 5 star- but it was just a tad sweet with the honey. I'll cut back on the honey and up the pepper next time. Other than that, terrific!
This is a very good tasty steak. The beer really gave it a fabulous amazing taste. Medium-rare is the best way to cook this steak.
We really liked this alot. I made this on a oamc day and allowed it to sit in the fridge overnight before freezing in the marinade. I thawed in the microwave, because I forgot to take it out the night before! I then grilled the steak and it had wonderful flavor and was very tender. I really didn't notice any one flavor, just a nice, not overpowering taste. Will probably make again. Thanks for sharing!