Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 40 mins
From Mom's notebooks
Make and share this Round Steak Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup cracker crumb, from saltines
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 firm ripe tomato, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Cut steak into 3"-square pieces. Dredge in flour.
- Beat eggs and milk in a pie plate. In a second pie plate, combine cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese, pepper, parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Dip steak pieces in egg mixture, then in flavored cracker crumbs to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Fry coated steak in oil until just browned. Place pieces in an 8-cup baking dish. Top with tomato slices.
- Deglaze pan with water. When boiling, add water to baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 300F for 90 min or until tender.