Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is a great "one dish" dinner that is so easy to make.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Tasty, fast and easy! I made lots of adjustments. Used fresh parsley, cilantrto, chicken broth and added a fresh diced jalepano and left out the green pepper. I also added the rice mixture to the pan that I used to brown the meat, then just popped it in the oven. The rice turned out amazing! Thanks so much for posting this recipe.
- 2 lbs lean round steak, tenderized
- creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat off edges of steak and cut into serving size pieces.
- Season with creole seasoning.
- Pour oil in large skillet and brown steak well.
- Place in a greased 9x13 dish.
- In large bowl stir together onion, rice, beef broth, water, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt, worcestershire, bell peppers and green chilies.
- Pour over steak in baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked.