Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a great "one dish" dinner that is so easy to make.
- 2 lbs lean round steak, tenderized
- creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, julienned
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies (optional)
- Trim fat off edges of steak and cut into serving size pieces.
- Season with creole seasoning.
- Pour oil in large skillet and brown steak well.
- Place in a greased 9x13 dish.
- In large bowl stir together onion, rice, beef broth, water, parsley flakes, garlic powder, salt, worcestershire, bell peppers and green chilies.
- Pour over steak in baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until rice is cooked.
Tasty, fast and easy! I made lots of adjustments. Used fresh parsley, cilantrto, chicken broth and added a fresh diced jalepano and left out the green pepper. I also added the rice mixture to the pan that I used to brown the meat, then just popped it in the oven. The rice turned out amazing! Thanks so much for posting this recipe.
This was an awesome recipe. Like one of the other reviewers I did it on top of the stove and it turned out great. Have Rachel Ray's 8 qt pan and couldn't see dirtying extra dishes. Thanks Luby for posting this recipe - I will be making it again.
This was great. I didn't have bell peppers, but used a pkg of mixed veggies. I cut the meat into bite-sized pieces and cooked in a dutch oven. After mixing the other ingred., I added the mixture to the meat in the dutch oven, brought it to a boil and simmered, covered for 35 mins on top of the stove.