Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My husband's favorite meal that his mom makes. Very simple with few ingredients.
Make and share this Round Steak and Rice (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -2 lb round steak
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages onion soup mix
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 -2 cup water
- Place whole steak in the crock pot after cutting off fat.
- Sprinkle soup mix over the steak.
- Pour tomatoes over the steak.
- Pour in water. May need more or less water depending on how long you cook it.
- Cook on low for 5-8 hours. Meat should fall apart by shredding with a fork.
- Serve over rice.
This was OK for us. I used 1.5 pounds of round steak but only one envelope of onion soup and one can of tomatoes. I just added a little water, nowhere near a cup. This was very easy to put together in the morning before going out the door.