1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This steak is very tender. The gravy is a beautiful colour with lots of flavour.A simple ingredient list, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 2Trim fat from meat.
- 3Make cuts in edges of meat to keep it from curling.
- 4Dredge with flour mixture to coat, shaking off excess.
- 5Reserve remaining flour.
- 6Heat oil in skillet.
- 7Brown meat in oil on both sides, over medium-high heat.
- 8Reduce heat to a simmer.
- 9Drain off fat.
- 10Combine water and Worcestershire sauce.
- 11Add to meat in skillet.
- 12Cover tightly and simmer for 1 hour or until tender, turning meat occasionally.
- 13Remove meat to a platter to keep warm.
- 14Sprinkle reserved flour mixture into the skillet, a little at a time, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- 15Use a fork, mashing out any lumps.
- 16Gradually add 1/2 to 1 cup water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 17Drizzle some gravy over the meat and serve remainder on the side.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Round Steak and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.3
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 165.5 mg
- Sodium 751.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 47.8 g