Recipe by cuisinebymae
This steak is very tender. The gravy is a beautiful colour with lots of flavour.A simple ingredient list, too!
- 2 lbs round steaks, 1/2 inch thick,cut in serving pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Trim fat from meat.
- Make cuts in edges of meat to keep it from curling.
- Dredge with flour mixture to coat, shaking off excess.
- Reserve remaining flour.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown meat in oil on both sides, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Drain off fat.
- Combine water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add to meat in skillet.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 1 hour or until tender, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove meat to a platter to keep warm.
- Sprinkle reserved flour mixture into the skillet, a little at a time, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- Use a fork, mashing out any lumps.
- Gradually add 1/2 to 1 cup water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Drizzle some gravy over the meat and serve remainder on the side.