Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This steak is very tender. The gravy is a beautiful colour with lots of flavour.A simple ingredient list, too!
- 2 lbs round steaks, 1/2 inch thick,cut in serving pieces
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine flour, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Trim fat from meat.
- Make cuts in edges of meat to keep it from curling.
- Dredge with flour mixture to coat, shaking off excess.
- Reserve remaining flour.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Brown meat in oil on both sides, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Drain off fat.
- Combine water and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add to meat in skillet.
- Cover tightly and simmer for 1 hour or until tender, turning meat occasionally.
- Remove meat to a platter to keep warm.
- Sprinkle reserved flour mixture into the skillet, a little at a time, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- Use a fork, mashing out any lumps.
- Gradually add 1/2 to 1 cup water, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Drizzle some gravy over the meat and serve remainder on the side.
What a great way to cook Round Steak since it tends to get tough. The kids ate it all up. Will definately make again! Great Recipe for Round Steak for sure!
Great recipe, very easy. I added more worchestershire sauce and about 1/2 jar of beef gravy that I had, that illimanated the need to thicken at end. Very tasty, will serve over and over.
Super good. My 5 year old loved this!!! Thanks!