Recipe by chia
a very old friend cooked this for me ages ago, and i have been making it ever since. great with mashed potatoes laurie was right, the traditional recipe includes a pickle slice down the middle, this was modified so dh would eat it, over 30 yrs ago.
- 8 slices top round beef
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- pound strips of top round thin, lay flat.
- spread a layer of dijon mustard on to round steak strip, top with bacon slice, top with chopped onions.
- roll vertically, narrow side first, and tie with twine or close with 2 toothpicks repeat with remaining slices.
- brown beef in 2 batches, on both sides, in oil, removing to a plate.
- add 1 can beef broth, return beef and juices to pan.
- cover, lower to simmer for 1 hour.
- you can thicken gravy w/flour if desired.