Recipe by Bergy
The rouladen can be as hot or not as you like - you control the heat. The sauce is really good served over cooled pasta.
- 4 rouladen beef
- salt & pepper
- 4 large mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 4 tablespoons pickled hot peppers, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, cleaned and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (or other mixed spice blend)
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I like Peri-Peri or tobasco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread out the 4 rouladens, salt& pepper them.
- Put a tbsp of hot pickled peppers on each one.
- Mix all the veggies (mushrooms,celery, green onions,garlic,sweet peppers, and onion).
- distribute them equally at the narrow edge of each rouladen.
- Sprinkle with Mrs Dash.
- Roll each one jelly roll style and secure with a toothpick.
- Place rouladen in a crockpot (slowcooker).
- Pour over the celery soup.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Just before serving add the 4 chopped sun dried tomatoes and the hot sauce.
- Use this as a sauce over cooked buttered noodles or other pasta.