Make and share this Rouladen (Stuffed Beef) recipe from Food.com.
- Place the rouladen on the counter.
- Spread mustard on each rouladen.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 bacon strips on each rouladen.
- On one end of the rouladen, place a pickle and onion (with the pickle being on outer end, then onion).
- Roll the rouladen and either use toothpickes or thread to keep in place.
- The best pot to use if you have it is cast iron, but a regular roasting pot is fine too.
- Place olive oil and water on bottom of pot.
- Put in the rouladen.
- Put about 6 bay leaves in the pot.
- Bake at 325-350 degrees for at least 3 hours.
- A good slow cook to have all the flavors blend in and for the pickle and onion to be moist.