2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Phil Smith's Note:
This is my Mothers recipe adjusted from my step-Dad's German Grandmother
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread out steak and pound thin.
- 2Cut into portions size pieces (around 4x7 inches).
- 3Add Salt and Pepper to taste on both sides.
- 4Spread mustard liberally on each steak.
- 5Add one strip of Bacon, Pickle, and Slices of Onion to each steak.
- 6Roll the steaks up and pin closed (toothpick or tie).
- 7Sauté the steaks in a large skillet until brown on all sides.
- 8Add enough Beef Stock to just barely cover the steak rolls.
- 9Add Pickle Juice.
- 10Cover the pan and simmer for 90 minutes.
- 11Remove meat and keep warm (remove toothpicks or ties).
- 12Combine flour and water until smooth.
- 13Stir into broth.
- 14Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 15Serve over Spaetzles (or wide noodles) Spaetzles: Mix 1 egg, 1 ½ cup Flour, ½ cup Water, ¼ ts Salt roll and cut into small pieces (or use a ricer) add to boiling salted water, cook 5 minutes or until done.
Nutritional Facts for Rouladen (rolmups)
Serving Size: 1 (520 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 1053.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 61.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: